The best-selling authors of The Baby Book, Dr William and Martha Sears have created a supportive and practical guide to coping with difficult and fussy children. The book contains proven methods for dealing with a multitude of difficulties you may encounter. Drawing on more than twenty years of paediatric practice and their experiences with their own high-need children, they provide:
- Creative ways to soothe a fussy baby
- Information on medical causes of infant fussiness: from infections to food sensitivities
- Effective ways of coping with common, high-need personality traits and behaviour
- Proven strategies for discipline: getting connected to your child early, providing structure, setting limits, knowing when to say yes and when to say no
- Tips on learning how to talk and listen
- Real-life stories and advice from parents of high-need children
In The Fussy Baby Book Dr. William and Martha Sears acknowledge the difficulties you face but show you how responsive parenting can turn these challenges into advantages for both you and your child. They prove that difficult children can provide the most rewarding parenting experiences of all. This UK edition was edited by Caroline Deacon.
Subscribe To My Newsletter
From time to time I send out newsletters with updates on my books and my work. Keep in touch by signing up.